© 2017 - EIB Digital | All Rights Reserved.
The umbrella body for the national Olympic committees in Africa, the Association of National Olympic Committees (ANOCA) which has its headquarters in Abuja, Nigeria, on Thursday in Abidjan, Cote d’Ivoire begin a two-day round table programme to evaluate African teams’ performances at the Rio 2016 Olympics and project for Tokyo 2020.
The theme is “Collectively defining the winning strategy for Tokyo 2020”. Speakers expected include the ANOCA president, Lassana Palenfo and Joao Da Costa, the second Vice President.
The salient topics meant for discussion include:
- Review of the Olympic Solidarity programmes for athletes and coaches – Analysis Olympic Solidarity the investment on African athletes for Rio 2016
- Analysis of Africa’s results at 2016.
- Olympic Games preparation : the South African model
- Africa’s Objectives and Ambitions for the Tokyo 2020 Olympics
- Which athlete, which sport, what priority line for a winning strategy at Tokyo 2020?
- Which means to implement for efficient and effective pre-Olympic training and competitions programmes?
Eminent African journalists are also in attendance as moderators. They include the Nigerian President of AIPS Africa, Mitchell Obi and Ethiopia’s Fekrou Kidane among others.