The first time I got to hear this I was so defensive as in like hold up are you trying to blame me for how my life turned out? I mean who wishes evil or poor results for their life? No one right? I wrestled with this profound statement until I had my revelation that has now catapult me into a course of transformation.
I realise I cannot see real change in my situation until I have transformed and I cannot be transformed until I have renewed my mind. Aha! Right then and there I knew I had to do something with my thought pattern, I had to undergo a mental cleansing and acquire a new thought process. One that would manifest the kind of results I desire, one that will have me living my best life. This means no more saying stuff I don’t mean, no more incubating needless and poor thoughts and this meant being very picky as to what I allow into my mental space.
I am well on my way of being in the habit of thinking right, it is not an event but requires consistence and I am determined to keep at. If you look at yourself right now and the state of your life and are not satisfied with the outcome, I challenge you to make a decision to change your mental practice and think right, in a matter of time you will see the manifestation.
It is so easy to fall into the temptation of blaming our past, our origins and everyone else for what life had to dish out to us but until we take ownership, we may never get to make a turn-around or otherwise experience a turnaround of events. It is true that some situations are inherited, some are by association, some are by default but the beauty of it is that life gives us a chance to get to a place where we can decide. There comes a time where we have the ability to choose and that critical point is the determining factor of how your story ends. It is therefore extremely important we choose well. We can also not make good choices without a good mental state and so it is vital we have a good thought pattern. Fortunately for you and I, it is something we can cultivate and this week on The Garden I share with you how.
A famous quote says “be careful what you think, your thoughts run your life” and in addition I say, be careful what you consume – be it, food for your body; food for your mind or even food for your spirit because what you put in, is what you will get out. All the more reason why we should be fussy with our diet and also the company we keep.
Often times we expose ourselves too much, some of it unnecessary if you ask me. We have a tendency of overloading ourselves and hardly cleanse ourselves to create room for new things. Even when we do cleanse, we focus only on the body but how many of us take time to do mental cleansing or even spiritual cleansing?
Truth is, you cannot expect extraordinary results when you do not think or act extraordinary. In order to be extraordinary it starts with your thinking and then your thinking will influence your belief and your belief will influence your actions. Therefore, your results in life are highly dependent on the state of your thoughts and beliefs.
Addressing your spirit: I have recently noticed my unbelief and have since desired the gift of faith because I understand how critical faith is to getting my prayers answered. Not only that but the Bible says “without faith, it is impossible to please God”; the main reason to desire faith because I want to please God. So I said Lord I believe, help my unbelief and then I stumble on the verse that says: Faith cometh by hearing and hearing the word of God. Wow, That’s it! Instantly, I knew I had my solution: I need to make sure I hear God’s word, to make sure I expose my ears to more faith, and so I share them with you.
Here are some ways on how you can make sure you receive faith, maintain it and grow it (You see God does not only want us to have faith but He wills for us to move from faith to faith, meaning faith has levels).
- Firstly, meditating on the word of God. Commit a set amount of time to studying your Bible just like you do all your other activities.
- Go to church, yes have a mentor/teacher of the word and having a Pastor over your life is a great channel of faith. Hearing the testimonies of other brethren will also boost your faith.
- Learn to pray (Have a prayer life because prayer is like what fuel is to a car)
Addressing your soul: Your soul is your senses, it is your mind, your emotions, a very integral part of your daily life and so you need to be extremely fussy with the state of your soul. What you consume will ultimately manifest in your emotional life, your thinking and your general outlook towards life.
- Remember Faith cometh by hearing so what is it that you’re exposing your ears to? whom do you listen to?
- What do you read?
- Which conversations do you entertain? Choose the company you keep very wisely; try to take note of the conversations you engage in on a daily basis, do they consist of faith building or are they bombarded with negative or idle words?
- Monitor what you watch on your TV and also the music you listen to
- Take a moment and just reflect on your pattern? Then evaluate if you are a faith builder or a doubt feeder
Addressing your body: Your body is what carries your spirit, it also houses your soul and so you need it. The state of your body’s health will determine your level of productivity and so it is imperative that we take care of our bodies. We need our organs to function, we need flexibility to move from place to place; to carry out our daily activities and to execute our desired goals.
- Cultivate healthy eating habits
- Try to find out what blood group you’re in and eat according to your required diet
- Have a healthy sleep pattern
- Monitor your hygiene
- Stimulate your brain (Read books, listen to insightful clips)
In conclusion, here are some of the benefits of faith:
- We can speak things into existence
- we shall decree a thing and it shall be established
- We move mountains
- Nothing becomes impossible for us
Now you tell me you wouldn’t like to live such a life? All things are possible but we also have a responsibility and so be mindful what you consume because you are what you eat.
By Lerato Charlotte Letsoso/GhOne TV | Email: email@example.com